If you like meat, (and who doesn’t love a nice thick sausage) then you’ll love these.
- Large hot dog buns (the larger the better)
- 1/lb ground beef (20% fat or add pork sausage meat)
- 1/2 lb of ground pork
- Chilli powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Soy sauce
- Chopped or granulated garlic (garlic powder is fine)
- Dry Mustard powder
- 1 large onion
- Mozzarella string cheese
- 6 regular UK sized hot dogs
1. Mix up the beef, pork, chilli (a teaspoon), Paprika (a teaspoon), 1 egg, Soy Sauce (a Tablespoon) chopped Garlic, dry mustard powder (a teaspoon) and Onion, in a big bowl. Get your clean hands in and mash it all up and then get it covered in cling film & into the fridge for a couple of hours to allow all the flavours to blend.
2. Divide up the hamburger mix into piles, and get your hot dogs & mozzarella sticks ready. Lay a pile of meat into a rectangle and place a hot dog in the middle of that. Split up a mozzarella stick placing a bit either side of the dog, and then wrap and turn the whole thing up in the cling film twisting the ends up like you’re making a sausage. Repeat for as long as you have enough components. Then put them back in the fridge for about 45 minutes to firm back up.
3. Get them onto your BBQ and cook them for about half hour on the indirect heat. Throw on some Hickory chips (via that louvered grill) to get the smoke up & then finish them off on direct heat for about 3-5 minutes until they have some awesome char marks on them.
To finish, you can toast your buns, add mustard and ketchup, get them into said buns & then into your face. BOOM.