Laksa is a spicy, fragrant rice noodle soup which is either a rich coconut curry-based soup (curry Laksa) or a fresh and sour, tamarind-based soup (Asam Laksa), but there are hundreds of variants.
This creamy curry Laksa is fucking amazing, works with lots of different meats, fish & vegetables if you want to get creative and freestyle it yourself.
- 200g Butternut Squash
- 3-4 boneless chicken thighs
- 400ml tin light coconut milk
- 275g fresh thin rice noodles
- 100g asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Chicken Stock
- Laksa Paste
- Fry the butternut squash, (after cutting it into roughly 1cm cubes). Fry it in Olive oil for a couple of minutes then add the Laksa Paste and the chicken. Mix well and stir-fry for 304 mins
- Mix in the stock, do this by boiling about 300ml of water in a kettle, then pour it into the pot. Add the chicken stock, mix well and then add the coconut milk, stir well, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 8 mins.
- Add the rest of ingredients including rice noodles, asparagus, and simmer for about 4 mins more
Now you’re ready to serve. Nice deep bowl, sprinkle with the coriander and a squeeze of lime.